"If you’re here to be normal, you are in the wrong place"
Seeking a Part-Time Fitness Coach
Updated: January, 2019
Grit Gym is a boutique fitness studio located in Iowa City. Now in our 8th year of business, Grit has grown from a single strength coach to a small staff. Grit Gym has reputation for rebelling against the status quo with an expertise in exercise prescription that helps people to workout the way they need to in order to push out into their lives they way they want to. Even after difficult injuries and long hiatuses from exercise. Grit provides progressive training, mindset, recovery and nutrition protocols in a delivery system of subversive humor and energy that is fun yet focused, introverted yet welcoming, and direct yet positive. More than anything we care on a level that is weird. We read tons of books, take perspectives far outside the realm of normal and live on the edge of unreasonable personal growth daily. We are experts in exercise that put each individual at the top of necessities for success. Learn more at www.GritGym.com.
And we are looking for the right person to join our team.
About This Opportunity
With your passion we will continue this rebellion against the status quo. This position reports to the Head Coach and the ideal start time is May 1st, 2019. You will be encouraged to express your autonomy every day; infusing your work with our systems. Fair warning, being embraced by our community is earned not given. If your greatest nightmare is trying to make people laugh and engage with each other while you’re teaching exercise that gets results, then we are not the place for you. However, if you love to crack jokes with friends, turn peoples bad days great, and help people do their future self favor after favor, all the while wearing pajamas and calling it “work”, then keep reading…
We are on a mission to revolutionize health by inspiring freedom from the status quo so we can all experience the life we want to live (instead of the default life we could end up with).
Building a community where people know they’ve found the place they belong, while sharing laughs, helping each other, and learning about innovative and cutting edge exercise, mindset, recovery and nutrition…this is what guides everything we do at Grit Gym.
3599 Dolphin Street Unit H | Iowa City, IA 10018 | (319) 430-8317 | GritGym.com
SEEKING PART-TIME FITNESS COACH
The Ideal Candidate
The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill and ability required to succeed in this position.
● Must be able to demonstrate a track record of teamwork.
● Must have experience in a position requiring high-touch customer service.
● Must be tough enough to learn everyday whether you feel like it or not.
● Must be great at getting people to feel good.
● Must care enough to kick people the real deal.
● You MUST be tough, if you do not have Grit, value grit, and wish to build upon the grit you currently have, then this is NOT the place for you. Normal will NOT be celebrated. This is not a hobby, this is a career, it is a mission, it is a calling and a life purpose. You are helping people with the greatest resource that exists.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities
Part-time Fitness Coaches work primarily to execute Grit Gym's group classes and semi-private training.
This part time position will have 12-17 scheduled hours with a set, recurring weekly schedule.
Candidates must have weekend and some early morning or late evening availability.
Part time coaches also have the option to pick up as many as 20 additional hours per week when full time
coaches need coverage. In addition to hours on the floor, candidates will be expected to attend one
weekly meeting, keep up with Grit Gym's continuing education standards, and be
reliable through email.
● No certification, education or experience is required upfront. However, must have certification completed within the first 6months.
● Acceptable certifications include: NSCA-CSCS, PRI, FMS, RKC, SFG, CFSC, FRC, PN or EXOS.
● Excellent customer service skills
● Impeccable verbal and communication skills
● Detail-oriented, conscientious, and incredible dependability
● Creativity and a heavy sense of humor (if you're not fluent in sarcasm, you will drown here)
● Individuals come before money, and the amount of money you make is in direct proportion to the number of people you have helped.
● If you're going to ask anyone for their absolute best, then they deserve yours.
● Getting 1% better everyday is absolute and requires pushing outside of your comfort zone.
● To Care is the medium that transcends intention, influence, and effectiveness.
● Errors are for learning, and learning is a lifelong pursuit ... responsibility is paramount.
● $12 - 20/hour
-NOT per hour with clients. This is pay per hour regardless. You will be paid whether you're with clients, cleaning, writing programs, or in a staff meeting. If you're here to work, you're getting paid for work.
-Raises are based on performance. Work hard and you'll be at $16/hour within 6months.
● Commission = $200/sale of any training package
● $100/month to use of supplements
● $1,200/year in Continuing Education
● Advancement opportunities to management and administration are available for those tough enough to learn and grow into those positions.
Software Skills Preferred
● Google Calendar
Does this sound like you?
Then apply! If you think you have what it takes, send us a video, less than 2minutes, explaining why you want to make this your life's mission.
Email your video and resume to email@example.com